We had absolutely halcyon weather and brilliant foliage for our Talk and Walk at Oakes Preserve. About 22 people were in attendance for a talk on the history of the parcel by our historian Janet Conner. Noted Avon historian Nora Howard talked about her family’s history there, and how the parcel was acquired by the land trust. Co-presidents Bob Breckinridge and Rick Dubiel then talked about the history and role of the land trust, what we have done to the property to improve it for both wildlife and public enjoyment, and what our future plans are. Special thanks to trail master Scott Lewis for his hard work to make significant improvement to the hillside trail in time for the event. The event concluded with a hike around the former ice pond known as Lake Erie.
- The Avon Land Trust has recently re-activated its Acquisition Committee
- The Avon Land Trust is proud to announce it has received grant of $20,525
- The Avon Land Trust is receiving a grant for $4,000 from Avon Greater Together (AGT)
- The Avon Land Trust partnered with the Avon Free Public Library
- Avon Land Trust Awarded Grant from Connecticut Water Company
No comments to show.